2016 IPLOCA Scholarship Recipients
Twenty students, who are children or grandchildren of employees of IPLOCA member companies, were selected by the Scholarship Committee as recipients of the first IPLOCA scholarships. They were awarded USD 4,500 each in May 2016 as a financial contribution to full-time studies at an accredited college, university or vocational school of the student's choice.
The Scholarship Committee was very pleased with the response for this inaugural year: over 220 candidates had applied by the 26 February 2016 deadline, of which 120 met the eligibility requirements.
As far as possible, two scholarships were awarded to students of Regular Members in each IPLOCA Geographic Region and four awarded to students of Associate Members.
The 2016 recipients were:
Name of student - Name of institution - Major - IPLOCA Member company
- Majdi Abdul Samad - American University of Beirut, Lebanon - Electrical/Computer Engineering - Consolidated Contractors Company (CCC)
- Joel Andrews -University of Surrey, Guildford, U.K. - Chemical Engineering - Fluor
- Ben Connors - Western University, London, Canada - Engineering - Pipesak Incorporated
- Clementine de la Porte des Vaux - Institution TBC - Medical studies - Spiecapag
- Ghida Fawaz - American University of Beirut, Lebanon - Mechanical Engineering - The C.A.T. Group
- Artem Fedorov - Gubkin University of Oil and Gas, Moscow, Russia - Pipeline Transport Systems - Stroygazmontazh LLC
- Ali Kemal Giregiz - Bilkent University, Ankara, Turkey - Mechanical Engineering - Fernas Construction Co.
- Allison James - Duke University , Durham, U.S.A. - Chemistry - ISCO Industries
- Ethan Lau - Rice University, Houston, U.S.A. - Psychology - Gulf Interstate Engineering Co.
- Florian Madisclaire - EFAP - Ecole des Metiers de la Communication, Paris, France - Marketing Communications - Spiecapag
- Maximillan Maue - Institution TBC, Germany - Rescue Engineering - Rosen Group
- Sarah Miller - Grove City College, U.S.A. - Middle Level Science/History Education -Lincoln Electric Company
- Kritika Mishra - Vellore Institute of Technology, India - Computer Science and Engineering -Punj Lloyd Limited
- Zachary Mohr - Universiity of Wisconsin, Stevens Point, U.S.A. - Fisheries - Precision Pipeline LLC
- Luis Mondragon - Universidad del Valle de Mexico, Mexico - Engineering
- Rogelio de Jesús Serrano Rodriguez - University La Salle Mexico, Mexico - Environmental Engineering - Techint Engineering & Construction
- Pooja Shankar - Barnard College, New York, U.S.A. - Neuroscience & Behaviour - Pipeline Induction Heat
- Jana Unternahrer - University of Queensland, St. Lucia, Australia - Environmental Management - McConnell Dowell Corporation Ltd.
- Edgar Warnholtz Perez - Claremont McKenna College, Claremont, U.S.A. - Economics & International Relations - ARENDAL
- Faithful Williams - Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, U.S.A. - Physics and Entomology - CRC-Evans Pipeline International