2017 IPLOCA Scholarship Recipients
Twenty students, who are children or grandchildren of employees of IPLOCA member companies, were selected by the Scholarship Committee as recipients of the 2017 IPLOCA scholarships. They were awarded USD 4,500 each in May 2017 as a financial contribution to full-time studies at an accredited college, university or vocational school of the student's choice.
As far as possible, two scholarships are awarded to students of Regular Members in each IPLOCA Geographic Region and four awarded to students of Associate Members. This year no eligible applications were received from the Europe Mediterranean region and only one from Europe Northwest. Based on ranking, the remaining scholarships were awarded to one candidate linked to an Associate Member and a candidate from two other regions.
The 2017 recipients were:
Name of student - Name of institution - Major - IPLOCA Member company
- Alexis Aguilera Betancourt – ITESM, Mexico City, Mexico- Music Production – Techint Engineering & Construction
- Charlotte Ball - Liverpool University, U.K. – Orthoptics – J. Murphy & Sons Limited
- James Bryant Gourlie – Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology, Australia – Automotive Engineering – McConnell Dowell Corporation Ltd.
- Ana Burgos – Universidad de Monterrey, San Pedro, Mexico – Business Management Engineering – Arendal
- Emily Dux – Iowa State University, U.S.A. – English & Spanish – Vermeer Corporation
- Rawan El Saleh – University of Sharjah, U.A.E. – Medicine – CCC
- Artem Fedorov – Gubkin Russian State University of Oil & Gas, Moscow, Russia – Pipeline Transport Systems – Stroygazmontazh LLC
- Ali Kemal Giregiz – Bilkent University, Ankara, Turkey – Mechanical Engineering – Fernas Construction Co.
- Allison Helein – University of Wisconsin-Madison, U.S.A. – Biology – ITW Welding Products Group
- Berk Huseyinoglu – Koç University, Istanbul, Turkey – Economics/Industrial Engineering – Tekfen Insaat Ve Tesisat
- Allison James – Duke University, Durham, U.S.A. – Chemistry – ISCO Industries
- Frederik Koch – Ernst-Moritz-Arndt University of Greifswald, Germany – Business Administration – MMEC Mannesmann GmbH
- Maximilan Maue – Firebrigade Academy, Hamburg, Germany – Emergency Paramedics – Rosen Group
- Fadil Meraj – Amity University, Noida, India – Aeronautical Engineering – Valentine Maritime Ltd.
- Sarah Miller – Grove City College, U.S.A. – Psychology – Lincoln Electric Company
- Kritika Mishra – Vellore Institute of Techology, India – Computer Science & Engineering – Punj Lloyd Limited
- Zachary Mohr – University of Wisconsin, Stevens Point, U.S.A. – Fisheries – Precision Pipeline LLC
- Savannah Poe – South Dakota State University, U.S.A. – Mathematics – Primoris Services Corporation
- James Swanson – Texas A&M University, U.S.A. – Chemical Engineering – Gulf Interstate Engineering
- Blake Thompson – Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, U.S.A. – Electrical Engineering – Darby Equipment Company Inc.