2018 IPLOCA Scholarship Recipients
For the third year running, twenty students, who are children or grandchildren of employees of IPLOCA member companies, were selected by the Scholarship Committee as recipients of the 2018 IPLOCA scholarships. The students were awarded USD 4,500 each as a financial contribution for full-time studies at an accredited college, university or vocational school of their choice.
As far as possible, two scholarships are awarded to students of Regular Members in each of the IPLOCA Geographic Regions and four awarded to students of Associate Members. Once again, this year no eligible applications were received from the Europe Central region. The next two highest ranking applicants were selected regardless of their region, from member companies not already selected for a scholarship.
The 2018 recipients are:
Name of student - Name of Institution - Major - IPLOCA Member Company
- Alexis Aguilera Betancourt - ITESM, Mexico City, Mexico - Music Production - Techint Engineering & Construction
- Marissa Cartwright - Coe College, Cedar Rapids, IA, U.S.A. - Bio & Environmental Sciences - Vermeer Corporation
- Chiara Castelli - Universita degli Studi di Parma, Italy - Law, Politics, Int'l Studies - Bonatti S.p.A.
- Ana Garcia - ITESM, Mexico City, Mexico - Sustainable Development Engineering - Arendal
- Ali Kemal Giregiz - Bilkent University, Ankara, Turkey - Mechanical Engineering - Fernas Construction Co.
- Richard Harper - Imperial College, London U.K. - Physics - RSK Group Plc.
- Sarah Kelly - Cork Institute of Technology, Bishopstown, Ireland - Fine Art - J. Murphy & Sons Lmited
- Lara Lababdeh - Northeastern University, Boston, U.S.A. - Pre-dental Health Science - C.C.C. (Consolidated Contractors Company)
- Kritika Mishra - Vellore Institute of Technology, India - Computer Science & Engineering - Punj Lloyd Limited
- Zachary Mohr - University of Wisconsin, Stevens Point, U.S.A. - Fisheries - Precision Pipeline LLC
- Hugo Owona - University of Paris, France - Business Administration - Spiecapag
- Eda Ozdemir - Sabanci University, Istanbul, Turkey - Psychology - Tekfen Insaat Ve Tesisat
- Savannah Poe - South Dakota State University, U.S.A. - Mathematics - Primoris Services Corporation
- Anika Rede - University of California, Berkeley, U.S.A. - Engineering - Lincoln Electric Company
- Leah Schwartz - University of Wisconsin, La Crosse, U.S.A. - Biology - ITW Welding Products Group
- Sun Haoye - University College London, U.K. - Electrical Engineering - CPP (China Petroleum Pipeline Engineering Co. Ltd.)
- James Swanson - Texas A&M University, U.S.A. - Chemical Engineering - Gulf Interstate Engineering
- Alyssa Womack - University of Louisiana, Monroe, U.S.A. - Occupational Therapy - Mears Group Inc.
- Siana Worthington - University of Auckland, New Zealand - Commerce - McConnell Dowell Corporation Ltd.
- Georgina Wynne Hughes - University of Birmingham, U.K. Biomedical Science - Pipeline Induction Heat (PIH)