The Pipeline Construction Association of Canada (PLCAC), through the Canadian Construction Sector Council and other key stakeholder groups, has prepared a DVD-based course and exam to address health and safety issues specific to pipeline construction in the oil and gas sectors. Every person who intends to work on a jobsite under PLCAC needs to pass this exam.
IPLOCA has adapted this course for the international industry to be used as a safety instructors tool. The course is intended to familiarise the worker with how to recognise, assess, and control hazards on the worksite. It has been designed to act as a complement to the other courses that may be required to take.
Brian will be your guide through 13 lessons made up of supporting video and audio to illustrate safe – and unsafe – practices. Multiple choice review quizzes reinforce learning. The course will cover the entire pipeline construction process from start to finish through the following chapters:
- Course Introduction
- Lesson 1: Work Preparation
- Lesson 2: PPE and WHMIS Review
- Lesson 3: Hazard Recognition and Control
- Lesson 4: Front End Operational Hazards and Controls
- Lesson 5: Rigging and Hoisting Hazards and Controls
- Lesson 6: Pipe Hazards and Controls
- Lesson 7: Pipe Assembly and Coating Hazards and Controls
- Lesson 8: Specialized Work Hazards and Controls
- Lesson 9: Environmental Hazards and Controls
- Lesson 10: Back End Operational Hazards and Controls
- Lesson 11: Vehicle Operation
- Lesson 12: Equipment Operation
- Lesson 13: Emergency Response
The DVD will run using an internet browser alone (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome); an internet connection is not required.
Order a copy
IPLOCA Members can order a copy of the DVD from Sebastien Goetschmann Acknowledgement Letter for Receipt and Use of Licensed Product (to be printed on company letterhead paper)CSC licensing agreement