2020 Health & Safety Award
Sponsored by Chevron
The IPLOCA Health and Safety Award sponsored by Chevron is presented to IPLOCA members in recognition of a significant achievement in this field. The 2020 award will be presented to the winner and runners-up during the 2022 IPLOCA Convention in Prague.
Tekfen Construction and Installation Co., Inc.
The Health and Safety Award Adjudication Committee nominated Tekfen Construction and Installation Co., Inc. as the winner of the 2020 IPLOCA Health and Safety Award for its Hazard Hunting Headquarters Practical Training (3H).
The reasons the Committee awarded TEKFEN Construction and Installation Co., Inc. are the following:
- it puts the person in a hazardous situation without exposing them to any danger;
- it is a major step forward from desktop training to a realistic situation;
- it is a fun way of giving training;
- it is fast and efficient.
The committee decided to present the award to SICIM for its Flying Washing Basket, a safe approach to cleaning heavy and large equipment while reducing the hazards of having to climb.
In recognition of its commitment to safety, the committtee named Spiecapag for its Pipeline Safety Application which is an innovative solution for risk assessment resulting in increased usage of JSA (Job Safety Analysis) and hazard reporting.
Below are all the submissions received for this Award:
- Arendal - Changing Behaviour is the Key to Success of the HSE Management System(4MB)
- Bonatti - Supervisory Personnel Safety Coaching Programme(1MB)
- Caterpillar - Cat Command – Take Control of On-Site Safety(3MB)
- CCC - Business Continuity During COVID-19 Pandemic(1MB)
- Kalpataru - Virtual Reality Safety Training(3MB)
- Larsen & Toubro - Safety Performance Improvement through Safety Cultural Transformation - An Initiative with DuPont(2MB)
- Ledcor - Subcontractor Management(2MB)
- Saipem - Life Saving Rules: Implementation, Adoption and Success (2015 - 2020)(2MB)
- Spiecapag - Safety Workshop for Subcontractors(450KB)
- TAP - One TAP, One Team - Finishing Strong(904KB)
IPLOCA would like to congratulate all those who submitted entries for the 2020 IPLOCA Health & Safety Award.
We encourage continued efforts and look forward to receiving many applications for future IPLOCA Health & Safety Awards.