New Technologies Award
Sponsored by BP
Recognising a significant contribution to innovation in pipeline construction.
The IPLOCA New Technologies Award sponsored by BP, is presented every alternate year during the Annual Convention to an IPLOCA Regular or Associate Member who, in the opinion of the adjudication committee, has made a significant contribution to innovation in pipeline construction.
This award is in recognition of a significant contribution to innovation in the engineering of, the provision of equipment for, and the construction of pipelines by virtue of:
- a technological or engineering breakthrough
- a new piece of equipment, tool or construction supply
- a new or revised construction practice
- a new type of permanent material
- other relevant initiatives
Supporting documentation is required describing the entry and showing proof that it has been successfully used on a major project, in the field, or is of such significant merit in its development stage to warrant a joint industry award.
The Adjudication Committee includes members of the IPLOCA Board of Directors including the Chairman of the New Technologies Committee whose task is to screen the applications and determine the winner using a neutral voting process. The Adjudication Committee reviews each entry submitted on the following basis:
- Does it meet the basic criteria set forth in establishing the award?
- Does it provide the onshore pipeline construction industry with something it did not have before?
- Does it constitute an identifiable step forward in technology/construction process?
- Does it improve safety and/or environmental protection?
- Does it overcome a current problem area in pipeline construction?
- Does it provide a reason for the industry to change the manner in which pipelines are laid?
Submission of Entry
Guidelines are available to help you to submit an entry. Entries that do not comply with these guidelines will be rejected. We look forward to hearing from many of you about your recent technology innovations.Guidelines
2019 IPLOCA New Technologies Award
The 2019 IPLOCA New Technologies Award sponsored by BP was presented during the Annual Convention held in Bangkok, Thailand, in the presence of John Tikkanen…Read more
New Technologies Award
Health & Safety Award
Recognising an exemplary success in improving health & safety. All Regular and Associate Members are encouraged to apply for the IPLOCA Health and Safety Award…Read more
Recognising an exemplary achievement in pipeline construction in reducing the impact on the environment. The IPLOCA Environmental Award sponsored by Shell is presented every second…Read more
Corporate Social Responsibility Award
Recognising an exemplary success in voluntarily improving the quality of life of the local community and society at large. The IPLOCA Corporate Social Responsibility Award…Read more
Excellence in Project Execution Award
In recognition of an outstanding project execution in onshore and offshore pipeline, or facilities construction. The first IPLOCA Excellence in Project Execution Award was presented…Read more
Recognizing an Exemplary Achievement in Improving Quality of Design, Quality of Materials and Quality of Execution. All Regular and Associate Members are encouraged to apply for…Read more