Sponsored by Shell
Recognising an exemplary achievement in pipeline construction in reducing the impact on the environment.
The IPLOCA Environmental Award sponsored by Shell is presented every second year at the Open General Meeting of the IPLOCA Convention to an IPLOCA Regular or Associate Member who, in the opinion of the Adjudication Committee, has made a significant contribution in reducing the impact of pipeline construction on the environment. The achievement should result from activity undertaken in a current project or in a project that has been completed in the last two years.
Submissions will be considered under the following categories:
- Reduction of greenhouse gases
- Impact assessment and public consultation
- Energy use and efficiency
- Waste management and reduction
- Spill response preparedness
- Water usage and preservation
- Soil and ground restoration
- Flora and fauna
The winning company will be profiled on the IPLOCA website and in communication materials. They will be presented with an engraved trophy and may be given the opportunity to make a short presentation describing the initiative at the IPLOCA Convention. In addition, the winner and runners-up will receive a certificate in recognition of their commitment to the environment.
The IPLOCA Adjudication Committee will review all entries submitted on the following basis:
- Does it add value?
- Does it show management commitment?
- Does it constitute an identifiable step forward in environment for the Industry?
- How efficient is it?
- Does it have additional benefits?
Submission of Entry
We look forward to hearing from many of you about your recent environmental successes.Guidelines