Corporate Social Responsibility Award
Sponsored by Total
Recognising an exemplary success in voluntarily improving the quality of life of the local community and society at large.
The IPLOCA Corporate Social Responsibility Award sponsored by Total was inaugurated at the 2011 Convention in Beijing, China and is presented every two years, alternating with the IPLOCA Environmental Award.
All Regular and Associate Members of IPLOCA are encouraged to submit entries. Submissions should be limited to activities directly connected to the pipeline industry and related work.
The award is presented in recognition of initiatives aimed at improving the living conditions of the people in communities local to, and impacted by, pipeline industry work such as:
- an initiative to address a specific need identified in the local community
- a programme or practice demonstrating the corporate social responsibility of your company
- a creative initiative in which a large impact is made with a small investment
- a long term project, intended to be continuously supported by your company or another, once the pipeline activity is complete.
The winning entries will be profiled on the IPLOCA website and in communication materials. The company winning the award will be presented with an engraved trophy and may be given the opportunity to make a short presentation describing the initiative at the IPLOCA Convention. In addition, the winner and runners-up will receive certificates in recognition of their commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility.
The IPLOCA Corporate Social Responsibility Award Adjudication Committee reviews all entries submitted on the following basis:
- Does the project demonstrate a continuing commitment by the company to behave ethically and contribute to economic development while improving quality of life for the local community and society at large?
- Does it show continued management commitment to the objectives of reaching out to the community?
- Is the project initiated and fully funded by the company, or is it reimbursed by the client?
- Is there a plan in place to monitor outcomes, quantify effectiveness and adjust the project for the long-term?
The deadline to submit an entry for this year’s award is 14 May 2021.
Guidelines are available to help you to submit an entry. Entries that do not comply with these guidelines will be rejected.
We look forward to hearing from many of you about your recent health and safety improvements.Guidelines