The 2019 IPLOCA Health and Safety Award sponsored by Chevron was presented during the Annual Convention held in Bangkok, in recognition of a significant achievement in this field.
Sue Sljivic, IPLOCA HSE & CSR Committee Chair, made a presentation on the work of the Committee and on the 2019 Health and Safety Award sponsored by Chevron, in presence of John Tikkanen, IPLOCA President 2018-2019. To review her presentation, including the list of submissions received, please click here. If you are interested in any specific submission, please contact Sébastien Goetschmann.
The Adjudication Committee decided to present the Award to Spiecapag, represented by Bruno Guy de Chamisso in recognition of their Goal Post 2.0, a new goal post permitting a quicker and easier way to put in place and safer (no need to work at height).
The Adjudication Committee made this award for the following reasons:
- It is simple, creative, innovative and a result of Team Building Exercise
- It avoids having people working at height
- It has high efficiency to save lives and money
SICIM, represented by Guido Cagnani, for the Gas Cylinder Lifting Device. A simple, innovative and certified cost effective way to reduce manual lifting incident. To review their full entry, please click Sicim - Gas Cylinger lifting device.
Tekfen Construction & Installation Co. Inc
Tekfen Construction & Installation Co. Inc., represented by Levent Kafkasli, for the 4.0 Internet of the Things. A system used on all projects preventing unauthorized use of machinery, equipment, vehicle, monitoring periodic maintenance of all equipment and the movements on the route and on the construction site.
Here are the other candidate companies and the project they have presented for the award.
- Bonatti - VR Training(740KB)
- Ledcor - Incident Investigation Mobile App(2MB)
- Max Streicher - Excavator Test(1003KB)
- Michels - Mi-Promise(499KB)
- NPCC - HSE Champion(281KB)
- Primoris - APS System(216KB)
- Saipem - Life Saving Rules(1MB)
- Saipem - Safe Driving(835KB)
- Sicim - FIT App(2MB)
- Techint - VR(498KB)
- Transcanada & Co - Pursuit of Excellence Program(1MB)
IPLOCA would like to congratulate all those who participated in the 2019 IPLOCA Health and Safety Award sponsored by Chevron for their commitment in this field. We encourage continuing efforts and applications for future Health and Safety Awards.