The IPLOCA Health and Safety Award sponsored by TC Energy is presented to IPLOCA members in recognition of a significant achievement in this field. The 2023 award was presented to the winner and runners-up during the 2023 IPLOCA Convention in Vancouver.
The Health and Safety Award Adjudication Committee nominated SICIM as the winner of the 2023 IPLOCA Health and Safety Award for its bending safe hook support.
The reasons the Committee awarded SICIM are the following:
- Simple, innovative and eliminating a main safety risk
- Bottom-up innovation coming from operations
- Implementation of management commitment
The committee decided to present the award to Caterpillar for its Cat® command.
In recognition of its commitment to safety, the committtee named Max Streicher for its safer lowering-in process by using the refurbished pipelayer.
- Max Streicher GmbH & Co. KG aA - Safer Lowering-in Process by Using the Refurbished Pipelayer(802KB)
The committee decided to present the award to NPCC for its Emergency Evacuation Tracking System (EETS).
Below are all the submissions received for this Award:
- Bonatti - On the Road Training(2MB)
- Gulf Interstate Engineering - When Zero Means Everything(94KB)
- Ledcor Pipeline Limited + SICIM S.p.A - Integrated Emergency Response Plan (IERP)(13MB)
- Ledcor Pipeline Limited - Safety Alert Integration Initiative for compre(3MB)
- Michels - Safe Driver Initiative(5MB)
- National Petroleum Construction Company (NPCC) - Safe Shore pulling and Tie-in f(687KB)
- SPECAPAG - Maintenance Working Platforms for Pipelayers (MWPP)(12MB)
- SPIECAPAG - FUSE Campaign(1MB)
IPLOCA would like to congratulate all those who submitted entries for the 2023 IPLOCA Health & Safety Award.
We encourage continued efforts and look forward to receiving many applications for future IPLOCA Health & Safety Awards.